Claxton & Co. Ltd. were a well known and highly skilled engineering company in Ramsgate. In 1936 they occupied the Clock House at the Harbour and were carrying out ship repairs on the slipway. They also had stores at 7 Military Road.
This photo is dated September 25th 1939 and was taken outside Merrie England in Marina Esplanade. A couple of weeks later in October 1939 Merrie England was commissioned as a naval shore base known as HMS Fervent.
Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org